Wednesday, October 13, 2010

How much is your dryer paying you?



We've owned our washer/dryer for nearly 15 years.
Will has breathed new life into them time and time again over the years--so much so that we probably could have bought a new set by now with the money spent on repairs. But the man enjoys a puzzle and who am I to take away his source of entertainment? (Besides- we never seem to have a couple thousound bucks sitting around for new appliances)
So this weekend- he had to take the dryer apart to install new rollers or something because it was making this AWFUL racket whenever you turned it on. (Last month it got a new heating coil thingamajigger so i think he's good now for awhile--maybe the dishwasher will go on the fritz? so he'll have new puzzle to solve?)
I digress
So - he gets the metal cabinet off of the dryer and he calls me to come see something. Okaaay....I walked down to the laundry room only to be greeted by a mountain of dryer lint and I'm like....okaaaay....he says, look closer....
Mixed into the dryer lint was 15 yeeeeaaaars worth of pocket change. I KNEW i'd been getting jipped all these years...I NEVER find money in the dryer when I do the laundry.
So- he pulled it out and counted it up---nearly $20 worth when you add that to what was UNDER the dryer.
Yippee! Let's go to lunch!! Let's go get icecream, I say.
Nope.
Going to buy the new dryer part.
hmph.

3 comments:

Kristi said...

I am SO going to have Ian take our dryer apart! Surely there is more than rocks and acorns (my love letters) in there!
Funny stuff!

Cindy said...

I never thought to take the dryer apart when we were getting rid of it..to look for change.Next time I will.

Cindy from Rick-Rack and Gingham

Bringing our little Emporer home said...

we got you beat on the dryer thing....when we got our first house someone GAVE us a dryer and said it might not work. Steve cleaned it out and found $11 or so and it worked for years! so really, they paid us to take it!!

Liz