Sunday, May 18, 2008

Rubber Duckie, I'm awfully fond of you!


There is this old Sesame Street song sung by Bert (or is it Ernie...I can never keep them straight!). It is an ode to his favorite rubber duck and it goes something like this..."Rubber duckie, you're the one. You make bathtime so much fun. Rubber duckie, I'm awfully fond of youuuuuuu. Vo vo dee oh!" Well...we have changed the words and OUR version goes something like this..." Ruby doobie, you're the one. You make bathtime so much fun. Ruby doobie we're awfully fond of you. Vo vo dee oh. Ruby doobie, you're so fine....even when youuuu whine...." You get the picture. MR LOVES to take a bath with "the boob" and I often let her because she entertains her for the longest time while I cook supper. It is so nice to have so many willing helpers around!

We are really looking forward to this last week of school. It has been a long year and in most ways wonderful and in a few ways trying. We have ALL certainly learned A LOT. We started the year with me long term subbing as the art teacher at our elementary school. Not long after, we got our referral ( a WELCOME surprise!) and the year sped by after that! We have been consumed with all of the changes from middle school "stuff" to new baby and family growing pains. I think we are ALL looking forward to a laid back summer hanging out together WITH our sweet LE. I can't believe she is finally here and that all of my children are growing up so fast!

post signature

No comments: