If I see you out and about as I run errands this week...or if you call me and try to hold a conversation...and I seem...well-- DETACHED. Please understand. My mind and heart are on the otherside of the world right now. My body is here and I am accomplishing everything that I should so that it can join the rest of me in China..
I am the queen of muliti-taskers...and I try to be ridiculously organized. It's how I've always functioned---how I get things done with 5 almost 6 highly motivated kiddos. But usually I have my focus and right now it is split.
I am trying to absorb the fact that a little girl is living her life in Wuhan...going about her daily activities. She has no idea how much her world is about to be turned upside down. She is not waiting for me...she is just living...maybe even just surviving. I am about to ride in and shake everything she holds dear and "normal" up in a BIG way. Of course- it's all for a good reason...a chance to feel loved unconditionally, to give her a family, a chance at eternal life, to be cherished and cheered for--and I have faith that it will all turn out for the good. But we are embarking on a rocky road.
And all the while you are asking me to volunteer at the concession stand or put up posters for your fundraising banquet...all worthy causes...I am praying that God readies her heart, that He readies MY heart...
that waits for me in Wuhan, Hubei.

'OBX schoolcation' {respect for the Wrights}
5 years ago



3 comments:
Well said, friend!
(PS-I sure am glad I don't live closer and have to read that you're thoughts are elsewhere and not on ME!)
Can I just cut and paste this for my blog? I will try to remember to change some of the names.
You are doing great and still on top of things, firing on all pistons. Remember you are not the one who asked where J got her Fresh Market Bag!!!!!!!!!
That should boost your confidence! LOL
Can't wait to see you finally make it to Wuhan.
You will be going to the Yellow Crane Tower, right? It's a must. You get a spectacular view of the orphanage from there.
Post a Comment