We have been down in the trenches and underwater at times as we have adjusted to our new normal with 6 children. WHO KNEW going from 5 to 6 would be so hard? But really it was going from 2 preschoolers/toddlers to 3 that was the big adjustment...not nearly enough hands for this busy little crew! But life is slowly settling back down and I have so much to share with you...it would seem this tinly little blog has an endearing and enduring little following...and you have let me know it was missed! I love how my friend Jamie put it,"How can I live vicariously through you if you aren"t updating the blog?" And the phone call I got from Teresa was a motivator as well! You guys are amazing!
So I am back and WAAAAAAY behind. Bear with me as I backload a few posts to catch everyone up...this place serves as a small family journal for us as well since who knows when I'll get back to scrapbooking?
So many of you have called, dropped by, emailed, and facebooked to check on us. We are so good. For awhile it was touch and go...I'll just be REAL honest here...that first week home I trully woke up a few mornings asking, "What have we done?" But then we got rested and more rational thinking took hold...Willa is a joy. In China, I worried she might clash with the personalities in our home but she has meshed so well and the 3 littles are quite a band of siblings...we call them the "Asian Invasion". She is by far the best eater, sleeper, napper, and belly laugher we've ever had around here. She's been to the doctor and dentist since coming home and we are amazed by God's grace...she trully IS free of special needs in the clinical sense of the word. She DOES, however, have some healing to do. Her living situation in China left some emotional scars that will take time to heal. In the meantime- we are rocking along and loving life as a family of 8!!!
Thanks for sticking with us---more to come.

4 comments:
Tiff! So good to read your heart in words. Thankful that God intersected our paths and that I can begin praying for your family. It's really a small world....Miss Anna volunteers some of her time with us at Westminster in the classrooms. We love her!
Oh, Tif! This post is so good to see! I've been praying for your crew, figuring one extra sweet pea in the pot could be causing an over boil.:)Good to here things are calming down a bit. Sleep for us parents does do a body, mind and soul good!! Hang in there! I do have to say that your first family photo looks good and the addition of one more Treasure added to your family sure makes it look bigger! Can't wait to follow along with your new family adventures and so glad that you are HOME!
So glad for the update! Your family is beautiful!
Thanks for popping in and catching us all up. Love the photos of everyone together.
Patrick and I often talk about how grateful we are to you, Tiffany. If it weren't for you, we wouldn't have found our spirited little Madeline.
Post a Comment