Wednesday, December 14, 2011

a recipe for sharing...

Because every good Southern woman needs a good basic pound cake recipe...and admit it...don't we all want to be just a little bit Southern?

...and because I have pound cake on the brain this week... I'M MAKING 12!

I think this is the BEST darn poundcake on the planet...and I've been around this old earth a few times and eaten my share!

Pound Cake

2 sticks of butter
3 c sugar
6 eggs
1/4/ tsp salt
3c plain flour
1/2 pint heavy whipping cream
1 1/2 tsp vanilla

Cream sugar and butter together in stand mixer.
Add eggs one at a time- beating between each.
 Sift together salt and flour.
Add flour mixture alternating with whipping cream.
Add vanilla. 
Grease & flour your bundt pan and pour in the batter. 
Cook 1 1/2 hour in oven preheated to 275.

Don't overcook--it's extra good if you find a little gooey undone layer just under the crust!

You can serve this with strawberries, blueberries, toasted w/ butter, or naked...that's how my crew likes it!


Happy Christmas Y'all!!!


post signature

1 comment:

Curt, Pam, Ryan and Carissa said...

Thanks for the yummy recipe. My mom used to make a great one and we can't seem to find the recipe. Her box went missing and she thinks it got knocked off the counter into the trash.

I am going to have to try yours!!