Thursday, December 1, 2011

Kickin' off the Season

We headed out this past weekend to pick out our Christmas Tree.  I don't think Grady quite "gets it" ...I have the distinct impression he is just going along with the crazy notion of bringing a tree inside the house and hanging stuff all over it.

He tends to do that a lot...just go with the flow. 
(But I think he's thinking, "These crazy white people...where have a I landed?")

Heck- sometimes I feel the same way---and to be honest...right now I feel like half of my heart, mind, and spirit are in China.  It's so hard to concentrate knowing she's there...we're here...it's almost hard to celebrate the holiday when part of our family is missing.  I know that must sound weird to some folks...I mean- 7 of us are here and only one is in China...and I keep focusing on the missing piece...the hole I never knew existed in my family until January of this year...and then in April when we saw her face & learned her name...

So- I have decided to keep it simple this Christmas...and REAL.  No gobbledy gook, crazy projects, and too high expectations.  This Christmastime, we are about love for our fellow man, family, grace, and kindness....and don't judge me if you see my tree on the street on December 26th...I'll be packing for China...this is the LAST year an orphan named Nuo Fen will be without her family. 


post signature

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Tiffany,

I know exactly how you feel! I was in the same place last year. I will say this year is soo much better and we are loving teaching Meilynn all about Christmas!

Ashley said...

I am right there with you. Feel the same way.