Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Horse Heaven

I can happily report that my MaggieRuth is officially in Horse Heaven...our family recently aquired 5 new horses for our riding pleasure.  Big Red, Patches, Strawberry/Travelor, Buck, & Bull are all residing on our farm in Twin Springs.  And my daughter would gleefully reside there as well...IN THE BARN... if I would relent and let her go.
My brother in law, Jim, bought the horses from a hunting farm that went out of business..they are all Tennessee Walkers and very "broke"...they like to trail ride and mosey...not a lot of galloping going on which suits me just fine.

(I don't know what he was scratchin'--)

The littles were mighty pleased to jump on and go for a ride.

...but they eventually got bored and headed over for some fishin'.
(Cousins down by the pond...Grady, William, & Ruby...the current babies of the Clark family.)

I think Maggie has claimed Strawberry for her own.

It is such a treat to have a place to go and get away from the chores, laundry, and hustle and bustle of town life...and I realized I am so thankful for my simple life...
post signature

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Maggie Ruth looks great on her new horse! Cannot wait to meet the new farm additions!