Reames ran in his first Half Marathon a few weeks back...the Soldier Run. I was amazed at his stamina in this his first HM. He ran it in just over 2 hours! (He'd only run 11 miles ONCE up to the point!)
He's set a goal for himself to compete in a half Ironman here in Columbus late next Spring so we've encouraged him to work on his running...he loves the cycling and swimming.
He's set a goal for himself to compete in a half Ironman here in Columbus late next Spring so we've encouraged him to work on his running...he loves the cycling and swimming.
Before the race--why are these things always so darn early in the morning?????
Getting going--it started at the Infantry Museum on Ft. Benning.
after---still standing! --he WAS sore and tired the rest of the day!
I can tell you this kid pushes the envelope in every area...he's always on the edge and looking for new ways to challenge himself. He's begun writing letters seeking sponsorship from different companies---and I have a feeling he will be successful--I can't wait to see where God takes him! It will be exhilarating, that's for sure!
No comments:
Post a Comment