We recieved our appointment card to be fingerprinted at the Atlanta USCIS office yesterday...this will be the 4th time in that facility and countless other times in other county locations. Crazy, really--I mean- my fingerprints haven't changed in the 3 1/2 years since Ruby came home and all this fingerprinting chaos began. Couldn't they just run another background check to be sure I haven't commited any recent crimes?
But really...
There are sooo many deep dark secrets I would spill if it would help...
I would tell them my underwear size if it would get me to Willa faster!
or
the fact that my oldest daughter refuses to SIT on a toilet--only squats--even at home! (She would do well in China!)
or
or that my oldest son wears a size 15 shoe and practically refuses to speak English to me.
or
I make my middle son make my bed every day.
or
As a teenager- I scrubbed the toilet with my clean freak-brother's toothbrush...
or
I used to call a dear precious relative "Psycho Barbie"--but I REALLY love her now. REALLY!
SO anyway...what is it with the fingerprinting? ALL of my friends are like, "REALLY? You have to do that again?" Even the dude at the USCIS office remembered us...and he sees hundreds of people a day. He said, "Back for number 3? What does that make now, 6?" If THAT guys knows me--I've been a few too many times.
As we sat there waiting our turn- I told Will, "You know this means we'll never be anonymous. We'll never be able to go covert or make ourselves disappear. They HAVE US IN THEIR SYSTEM!"
I was getting a little crazy...this process will do that to you.
And as we left the USCIS Atlanta office this morning--the guy at the front who recognized us (sorry- I didn't get his name) said, "See you next year?" I looked at him and said,
"From your lips to God's ear!"
He chuckled.
Who knows?
1 comment:
OH, Again Chills when I read the last comment ("see you next year")...! And he remembers you b/c you are unforgettable!! xoxo! I guess I will never get to do your painting of the kiddos! ;)!
Post a Comment