Thursday, July 21, 2011

care package for sweet WillaJane

Waiting is very hard and I find ways to ease it by staying busy with small projects and day trips with my kids that are already home...like yesterday we made a bleach art t-shirt (post to come) and picked blueberries again.

I also started a backpack for Ruby's new school year and made this pillow for Willa Jane's bed.  I am sending it in a care package and I HOPE they will go ahead and give it to her while she is waiting for us...sometimes the orphanage holds all packages until just before the child meets her family... 
a 12 x 12 pillow of WillaJane's new mama & daddy...hope it doesn't give her nightmares  ;0)

socks, panties, & LOTS of hair pretties to share with the girls in the orphanage

3 sweet outfits to wear for now-- and then pass on as she outgrows them...I'll send another package this winter with some cold weather clothes.

candy, lotion, stickers, and a book to share with the nannies and children

a play phone, cameras (I actually put 2 in), a good wishes journal for the nannies to record thoughts and wishes for WillaJane, and a photo album of her new family so she can get used to our faces.

All it needs now is a letter--my friend Tracy is translating that for us this weekend and then I will put it in the mail on Monday!

post signature

3 comments:

Goosegirl said...

OOOH! What a fun care package for WillaJane!! I love the pillow you made! I am praying it all gets there safely and she can begin enjoying it right now. SO fun!

Football and Fried Rice said...

Thats a pretty sweet package!! I am afraid that I am not going to send anything more to our Ruby; I cant tell if she is getting anything (ive sent two packages) and I've heard that Guangxi is just hard :(

I know WillaJane will love her goodies!

Anonymous said...

Very sweet care package, Tiffany! Waiting right along with you for you to travel for your precious daughter. The photo on the left side of your bloggy is precious. Her little forehead looks a little worried. When are Momma and Daddy coming for me? The sooner the better, I say!
Take care and keep busy!
hollym.:)