Wednesday, June 29, 2011

a year ago...my what a difference

Those of you that followed our journey to Grady last year know how hard won his affections are...even today he does not give out warm fuzzies to just anyone.  You gotta earn it, baby!
And just like I always predicted...once you get on his good side...it's GOLDEN!

First glimpse...

back in the room...he only had eyes for daddy.  He grieved so hard and it nearly broke my heart.

Daddy knew just what to do---SNACKS~and icecream sundaes at KFC.
(We celebrated with a similar sundae at McDonald's today for a family lunch!)

such a sweet boy


he'd let me hold him every once in awhile...if he was half asleep

BUT NOW!!!!!

best buddy

mmmmmmm...mmmmm..mmm
some sister lovin'

My Turn.
I can't even put into words how much he has my heart.  I'm choked up just writing about it because I know how much he loved his foster mama...he did not want me to replace her.  But ever so slowly he let me in and now we are T.I.G.H.T.  Last night he tripped coming down the steps to the pool and scraped himself up pretty good.  Will came home at precisely the moment I was scooping him up for some hugs and boo boo kissin'...Did he even remotely care about Will taking over? Nope- it was the all mama show...all the time~!

Oh Grady- you are such an amazing little man.   and I DO mean little man.  But you let me be your mama...you chose and you didn't have to.  I am amazed at the leaps you've made this past year and KNOW only God could change a heart like yours so wounded. 
I love you!
Happy 1st Chinaversary!

post signature

3 comments:

lpiccoli said...

Tiffany, a year already!!!!! he is so adorable and looks so happy!!! Happy Anniversary to all of you.

Laura

Michele said...

Oh my gracious! Could your children be more beautiful? And that little Willa? *SWOON*!

I actually stumbled across your blog a couple of days ago. I immediately show my hubby your Willa's picture with her name and said, "What are the chances??" He was shocked! Like you said, it certainly isn't a common name. I love it though. It is so dear to my heart. My 4.5 year old would have been Jamison Willa had he been a girl. My grandmother, that I love more than life, is named Willa Virginia. I knew I couldn't name my child Virginia, so Willa it became. Hehe.

I hope my Willa is a precious as yours! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I can't wait to spend some time reading yours!!

Stefanie said...

Awww, so sweet! He has come so far - so glad to hear he's got so much love for his mama now :)