The plan was to buy a CHEAP set of bunkbeds and move Ruby and Grady in together...
Well.
That plan morphed.
3 cans of paint, $150 worth of lumber, and some new sheets & curtains later...
Grady's side --I added some old bumper pads along his rails (not in this picture) for added security...he's such a little tyke.
These are the shelves at the end of Ruby's closet for all their little nick nacks and treasures- including their 100 Good Wishes and Culture quilts.A lot of the artwork is the same, as well.
The bulletin board houses all of the pictures of our Chinese adoption friends
A peek behind the curtain at Ruby's closet--there is another clothing bar on the right behind the curtain. It's nice because everything is on a level she can reach. She is dressing herself now!
a little reading nook--I'd like to get a throwrug--just need the right color...
I was worried the color was too babyish but with all the black and red--it's calming.
Ruby's dresser
The bulletin board houses all of the pictures of our Chinese adoption friends
A peek behind the curtain at Ruby's closet--there is another clothing bar on the right behind the curtain. It's nice because everything is on a level she can reach. She is dressing herself now!
a little reading nook--I'd like to get a throwrug--just need the right color...
I was worried the color was too babyish but with all the black and red--it's calming.
Ruby's dresserWe finished last Wednesday-- just in time for Turkey Day and company but I've been so swamped with Christmas decorating and playing homeschool catch up (I just love that game, don't you?) that I was just able to hang the last picture and take photos. Still waiting for a couple of red quilts to show up but you can just use your imagination to picture them across the foot of each bed.
~
It turned out really nicely-- I had always hesitated on bringing Ruby upstairs from the room she shared with her big sister because there is NO closet space for her in the new room upstairs. But this system with a closet underneath solved that problem and Mags is so happy to have her room to herself!
~
I am VERY pleased to report that no one has fallen out of the beds...except me in the middle of the night trying to come down the steps too quickly in socks. Ruby makes each bed every morning by pulling up the sheets and arranging the pillows just right. She's such a fashionista!
~
It turned out so cute--I keep walking by just to look in there. It's so nice to have the littles & their messes confined to the upstairs...for the most part. (There IS a playroom downstairs)
I still need another lamp, throw rug, the quilts to arrive, and for Will to hang a coat hook. But it's DONE!!!
I still need another lamp, throw rug, the quilts to arrive, and for Will to hang a coat hook. But it's DONE!!!
What's next?


6 comments:
What's next?
You coming to NC and working magic in 'the boy's room' at my house of course!
:)
I love the room Tiffany!!!! It is so amazing and perfect! I want to come explore! And I still love that chair so much.
When you're finished at Kristi's in NC can you swing by my house in Athens and work some magic there on your way back home!! =) WOW! Love the room! I'm so impressed! I'm wondering if I can share that room with the littles! It looks amazing! I always wanted a set up like that when I was a little girl. LOVE IT!
Oh my..I could stay in that room forever! Love the colors and the textures in there!!What a happy place. Great job!!
Hugs Cindy from Rick-Rack and Gingham
LOVE IT!! It looks like so much fun and I love all the colors. When can you come to my house and do a fun play room in our basement. Looks like you could easily hire yourself out!!
GREAT looking room, Tiffany!! I'm sure it won't take you long to figure out, what's next!!!:)
Have a great Christmas with your treasures, Tiffany.
love,hollym.:)
Post a Comment