Sunday, March 14, 2010

passing time


We are on day 56 waiting for our LOA, Letter of Approval to adopt Grady from China. It has been an easier wait this time for a variety of reasons. We know the system now. We know it will happen according to His time and not ours....and...We have LOTS going on with the ones at home to keep us distracted from the wait....like State Science Olympiad competition, State science fair competition, State National History Day competition, Clubview's school play "Willy Wonka" , confirmation for Reames, 8th grade trip to Skidaway Island, etc. We have NEVER been this busy and I know the schedule gets a little crazier the older they get.

BUT with that said, I am quietly hoping for LOA tomorrow. It creates one of those weekends every adoptive parent can appreciate...you know the kind where you keep really busy so Monday can get here and people can be in their respective offices working on your paperwork!! The boys are on a camping/hiking trip this weekend on Blood Mt.--12 miles!!, while the girls and I have been involved in the school play premier and dinner with Nana & Grandan. We are still holding out hope for June travel. We will travel approximately 2 months after we get our LOA although we can't buy our plane tickets until we have an appointment at the American Consulate in Guangzhou..we'll have about 2 weeks notice...so no cheap ticket prices. We have not even begun to sort out the arrangements for our kids while we are gone...maybe once we have LOA we can begin figuring that out. and then there is the mail, the dog, the fish, the guinnea pig. the house, packing. I am sooo hoping the kids can stay at home for the most part so I won't have to pack them as well as ourselves for the trip. They are definitely NOT going to China and I want them to stay at home all together where they can maintain some semblance of normalcy. It' so hard on them for us all to be split up.
But still- I keep looking at Grady's picture and know that through all this chaos - he will finally be HOME.
He is beautiful! He is my son!
I keep envisioning him being one of the three musketeers with Adams & Reames! or a member of the "Littles Team" with Ruby.
I can't wait for another set of tiny feet to be running the halls of our home.
I can't wait to meet him!
I can't wait for him to know what it is like to have a forever family!
I can't wait to have one more car seat in the car!
I can't wait to see him on vacation with his family!
I just can't wait!

post signature

2 comments:

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

Your baby is just precious!!!

Anonymous said...

wish I lived a bit closer as I would think it would be a hoot to spend 2 weeks with your kids!!! how fun would that be?!?!? I pray you get your LOA and then TA in record time and get traveling and get home so I can see you in Tennessee with this new precious bundle!!
love ya
Liz