Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Grady's first shoes and barrettes from the '80's

Since Grady has clubbed feet, normal shoes are hard for him to wear--they make it very hard for him to walk on the tops of his feet...and that IS how Grady is getting around at the moment. Other families have recommended that when we travel to get him-I bring some soft shoes for him to wear that will keep his feet warm, provide some protection, and camouflage them from prying eyes and nosy questions. So I whipped these up this afternoon-guessing at the size based on Ruby's feet. I have a few more pairs I want to make now that I have tweaked the pattern a bit.
I remember these from when I was in elementary school...I never had any and coveted them so badly (is that bad grammar?) I don't know why my otherwise creative mother would never make them but I saw the directions recently and had to bring back an old trend. I taught Mags and she took off with it...we have several pairs now.


Ruby said, "SOOO CUTE!"

post signature


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Tiffany!
Grady's little shoes are so cute!! What a kind Momma you are to make them for your little man. I can't wait to see him home with Ruby and the rest of your "treasures"! Ruby will have so much fun with a little brother.
hollym.~