"Young boys should never be sent to bed... they always wake up a day older."
(Finding Neverland)
Adams with the loaded brownies he requested for his birthday cake.
He celebrated with 3 of his buddies (Cooper, Will, & Taggart)...they grilled hamburgers and we went to see "Avatar"
~~~~~~~~~~~~
There is something about the bond you have with your first born child. maybe it's because none of the others were there and he had my complete and total attention...maybe it's because our temperaments are so much alike....who knows but I had the hardest time falling asleep last night as I replayed in my mind the hours leading up to his momentous birth...the excitement of finally knowing if we were having a boy or a girl... he was the first grandchild on both sides of our families. And the moment I held his chunky little body was heaven on earth. Really. And I'll never forget the morning we left the hospital. I could not fathom that they were actually trusting ME with this precious tiny baby. No one was following me home to make sure we did it right. And the child was BEAUTIFUL! ...curly blond hair...long curly eyelashes...bright blue eyes. Oh- he was (and still is!) gorgeous!
And now he is 14.
One year from a learner's permit.
6 months from starting high school.
4 1/2 years from Graduating high school.
~~~~~
and everything in between and beyond.
I am so proud of the man he is becoming and so thankful for the boy he has been.
I better go- before I short out my keyboard with these tears.

1 comment:
Happy Birthday, Adams!! Tiffany, your son looks more and more like his Daddy the older he gets!
Yummy brownies..I don't know how you get so much done! Have you made any outfits for Grady?
take care,
hollym.
Post a Comment