MaggieRuth & her new friend, MiaRose
Lia, Zoe, Grace, Abigail, MiaRose, & a sad Ruby...(too little nap)

the big city
Me & the girls on the Adams St. Bridge
Ruby & Abigail riding the rails
Ruby made a new friend in Aaron Hall....and he was a huge help to me getting around the big city! Thanks Aaron!!
MaggieRuth in th epool with Ruby, MiaRose, & Zoe
Mags being the big sister
Mags was a good sport at Pirates Cove
Mags & Ruby & Lola at American Girl, having lunch
Ruby & Grace
Silly Mags--waiting for the el.
Willis Tower (formerly known as Sears Tower until some egotistical duffus decided it needed a new name--HIS name)
MiaRose & Ruby
a real deep dish Chicago Pizza- did you know they put the sauce ON TOP of the cheese?Zoe, Lia, Grace, Abigail, MiaRose, & Ruby
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
WOW! What a weekend we had visiting friends in Chicago. What a city...the weather was gorgeous (no humidity & 75 degrees), the scenery awesome, and the company? Well-, let's just say we can't wait to re-connect next year in Tennessee! The girls all got along so well swimming, riding the trains, & running around the city. FUN!
We started the weekend with a quick plane ride from Atlanta to Chicago. Our friend Janell picked us up at the airport and we headed back to the hotel to check in and catch up with The Hess family (Jenny, Mia, & LaoLao Marion). From there we headed to see the IKEA store & Pirates Cove Play Park. In the afternoon we caught up with the rest of our group back at the hotel-The Mundy's, The Freeby's, & the Hall's. Ruby wowed the whole group with her swimming ability and we enjoyed pizza and play time with all of the girls.
On Saturday- we headed out early into the city (by metra, the el, & a subway) and went to American Girl Place for lunch while a few of us went to see the Sears Tower (now called Willis Tower). Ruby picked out her very own bitty baby and named her "Lola". After lunch we all met up at the Lego Store and then headed for Navy Pier where we rode a giant ferris wheel and called Daddy from the very tip top! We all took a water taxi back to Union Station and raced to catch the last train back to our hotel. Back at the hotel we did a little more swimming and we got to have a REAL CHICAGO PIZZA...what a treat!
Sunday- jumped up early to head for Summer Fair in ChinaTown where we had a Western style Chinese lunch together and shopped at all the vendors for trinkets and souvenirs. I had the BEST crab raggoon from a vendor on the street--mmmmm. Back to the hotel again where we did some swimming, crafts, and dinner.
Monday, we were up early again to head for the airport where we ended up waiting for a flight until 7 pm--13 hours in Chicago-O'Hare airport is a LOOOONG time with 2 kids (one being a toddler). But we finally pulled into our driveway back in Columbus just past midnight, Tuesday morning...content to be home and looking back on our whirlwind weekend.
What sweet memories to have shared with a group of families that will always be like family to us...it is priceless for our girls to have a link back to China and their earliest memories with their forever families. And just when I am starting to feel like an island here in my homogeneous little town...I can always pick up the phone or email one of these wonderful friends to be reminded that I am not alone and how blessed I am to have the experience of adopting children...as someone recently told me--I am blessed to be a blessing.





7 comments:
I know you had a great time with all of your traveling buddies! I am totally impressed that you made all of those beautiful panda dresses! You are a true blessing and I enjoy seeing what you are up to! Have a great few weeks of summer left! Thinking of you!
Laura Adams
So glad you had a good time. We had a wonderful time too!! I wish I would've known you were stuck at the airport. We could've come and picked you up and hung out until your flight. We were still downtown because of M's school so it would have been easy to get you.
Love your pics!
Jenny
Oh Tiffany, the pics are great! I am so glad you all had fun. The dresses were wonderful! They girls all looked darling in them.
Great pics!!! YOu guys looked so happy!
Can you please shoot me an e-mail? I lost your e-mail address.....
Laura
I want to crash next year's reunion...Maddie was on your COP list, does that count??? (does not hurt that I might get a cute dress out of the deal, right?)
Seriously, what great photos! Looks like you all had a wonderful time!
Heather
Hey Tiffany!
The faces that your sweet pea makes just crack me up!! She is such a cutie pie!
Looks like you had a great time with your travel group.:)
hollym.
We had a wonderful time, and again Thank You for the beautiful dresses! It was great to see you and Ruby and to meet your sweet daughter MaggieRuth. We feel so blessed to have such a great group of friends to be able to forever share our love of our children and the experience of adopting from China with. We, too, cannot wait until next year!
Aaron wants me to tell you to give Ruby a hug from him - he truly misses her!
Miss you bunches,
Love,
Colleen
Post a Comment