Sunday, June 21, 2009

OMG- I'm back & have plenty to share!

Just a cute little bag I made for Magpie...she's growing up so quickly & is about to be at that age where girls start carrying purses....ho hum.
This is part of Mags old kitchen set- it was decorated in pinks and pastels so I repainted it for Ruby and added the cute polka dotted curtain. CUTE! I still need to re attach the sink spot & handles.

And here is the rubester with her new play table chairs...wearing a fresh coat of red of course.



My new den/playroom curtains




Well- I have soooooo much to update on but I wanted to get these few projects out of the way before I go back to the beginning to tell you about our cruise and Summer happenings.


We have decided to play fruit basket turnover and let the children all swap rooms and redo the playroom for Adams...he's always shared with Reames but I think it's time now to let them both have a space of their own-especially for when their friends come over, etc. So when you start a project like this, you really have to break it down into chunks and it seems the list of what needs doing keeps snowballing. Before we could move Adams into the playroom, it had to be cleaned out and we needed a new playroom space. So redoing a few closets and transforming the downstairs den into a huge playroom was on the docket. Now that that is almost finished, we have to build beds, desk, and a closet in the playroom for Adams. We also have to add lighting and box in some ductwork..Adams' room was a certified bomb shelter that the owners before us built back during the Cuban Missile crisis so it had no windows but had a full cabinet of canned goods, 14 inch concrete walls-floor-ceiling, and a radiation shower for rinsing off if you were exposed. Every man that had ever walked though this house is so enthralled with the fact that we have a "real bomb shelter"--uncanny really.
Great during tornado season.
We hope to have him in his new room before school starts and the other kids by late Fall.


post signature


No comments: