Friday, April 10, 2009

Spring Break...warning- this post is filled with gratuitous shots of Ruby eating strawberries...MANY shots & MANY strawberries.

I am pleased to introduce you to "Empress Strawberry"

Reames on a mission

a little tart?



oh yeah!


drunk on all that strawberry goodness



mine...all mine!








I think Ruby tasted every berry in the patch. I found A LOT of bitten strawberries in her basket!

even the older boys, Will & Adams, got into it...such good buddies....friends since they were toddlers.


the magpie

mmmmmmm- I think I ate more than I picked....but we still went home with 19 pounds of strawberries!




All of these kids and only 4 mamas...I think we could wipe out this strawberry field if we set our minds to it!


My cousin (2nd- 3rd--who knows) Courtney lives over in Ft. Valley and she made the trip over to catch up with my crew since we were in her neck of the woods. You know my kidlets but hers are Jake, Abigail, & Anna Belle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We have had a wonderful spring break filled with simple day trips and treats along with just taking it easy. We are really looking forward to Summer! So far :

  • the boys have been camping up in the Smoky Mts.
  • we have seen a movie (Monsters vs Aiens--very cute!)
  • we have been to Atlanta to the High Museum to see China's Terracotta Warriors AND eat at the VARSITY!!
  • we drove over to Reynolds to pick our own strawberries & meet up w/ a cousin
  • Mommy had a girl's night filled with sushi & a movie (Slumdog Millionaire- AWESOME!!!!)
  • and tonight we head over to some dear friends' house for our annual egg dying and hunt. (I think I'll bring some strawberry shortcake for dessert!)

So- it's been busy but not too much. We never plan a big trip for Spring Break ...this is just how I like it.




post signature


1 comment:

Hall Clan said...

I'm jealous - we love to pick strawberries (and eat them too) here in Michigan our season isn't until June. My family used to even own a U-Pick strawberry farm. I sure spent many hours in the patch growing up. Looks like you had a great time and looks like Ruby really enjoyed eating them (love her little outfit!). Can't wait to see you in July!

Colleen