Wednesday, August 27, 2008

A little "Then" & "Now"....

One of only 2 photos we received with our referral. This picture still sits on my bedstand where I prayed each night for my sweet one while we waited the 3 1/2 months to go get her. (Shown are her Chinese name given by the orphanage and her name in calligraphy WE gave her.)
I cannot begin to tell you how hard I studied this photograph and what inferences I tried to make based on what she was wearing, her hair, etc. There is a tiny scratch on the photo but at the time we could not tell if it was a scratch on the picture or on her actual head. Oh but those yummy lips...and that low hairline. hmmm

And here she is shortly after being placed in my arms. A little unsure and definitely a concerned look on her face. And sweating! She had on 4 layers of clothes and she smelled a little ripe. I'll never forget how she tasted the first time I kissed her sweaty little head. "Tasted?" you say...weird? Well--a mama would understand. It's funny how God gives mamas that feeling of connectedness even before she actually meets her child for the first time...the first time I saw LE...she was instantly the most beautiful child in the room...and I knew her at first glimpse.
And here she is today...Miss Personality! Ruling the roost as only a toddler can!


I was visiting a friend's blog today (Hi 'Georgia Girl') where she had posted pictures of her sweet dream girl in honor of their 3 month anniversary being home. It got me to thinking that I have not really looked back in awhile and YOU would probably LOVE seeing a before and after shot of our Little Empress...

My, my,my...what a difference a few months can make.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did love looking at it! Thanks for posting!

Jennifer said...

She is a beautiful and precious baby girl! I love watching her grow.