Sunday, July 6, 2008

Blueberry Extravagance

























The kids are still away at camp but I thought I would share a summertime tradition.

My kids and I found this secluded, often forgotten blueberry field a few years ago and we have frequented it many times since. Sometimes we take a picnic and other times we just go for the morning and snack on berries until we're full! LE figured out pretty quick how to pick a blueberry...AND which ones taste the best! All together we picked a couple of gallons and came home and made a blueberry poundcake and froze the rest. It will be nice to have blueberries come this winter and we shared half the cake with our new neighbor across the street. The best part of the whole deal is watching the kids have fun doing something so simple and easy. It costs very little and there are no bells and whistles, but we have a great time every time we go. We all pick and try to see who can get the most and who can find the best bush to pick from.


I really do enjoy the memories we make and I hope the kidlets will look back and remember that fun doesn't have to be extravagant. Probably a good lesson for all of us, don'tcha think?










post signature

No comments: