Will & I took the older three to Winshape in Rome, Georgia yesterday to begin 2 weeks of summer camp. They were joyous as were we to be dropping them off!! I don't know who smiled harder...the kids or us! Really, we love our children (REALLY!!) but we are looking forward to some one on one time with the LE and with eachother because anyone with kids knows life is easy when even one is out of the mix so to be down to 1 out of 4 is a breeze! We got to meet up with some old friends and make a few new ones on this trip...life is good!
So...we were on our way home and about to turn onto Highway 411 when the wakeup call arrived! Will & I were sitting at a stop light waiting to turn and actually holding a conversation when an old, beat up flatbed roofing truck comes barreling down the highway towards us from the left. He waited too late to stop at the light in front of him and tried to take a hard right turn to miss the van full of kids stopped at the light--headed straight for us! My awesome husband saw him coming the whole way and kept saying, "No way he's gonna make that..." Since there was no one in front of us he moved out into the intersection (Thank GOD there was no one coming since this was not our green light, yet) to miss being creamed and sure enough I watched the truck's load of roofing tiles slide off and the truck flipped over almost twice--Will was busy getting us out of the way so he missed the action but it was like watching a cartoon when this thing crumpled. It ended up landing where we had been sitting and we only suffered a few scuff marks on our tires where the roofing materials slid off and hit usas we hustled out of the way. Will & I both jumped out and after a few harrowing moments- the driver popped out of the smashed cab and said a few choice words as he walked over to his foreman who happened to be following him in another truck. Talk about surreal. Talk about God taking care of us... I have NO DOUBT he shielded us from this accident.
WoW! We were still processing that little scene by the time we got home a few hours later but were able to sit down and enjoy a quiet meal/evening.
I'll post some pictures later today but just thought I'd share the latest with you. Take care and live in the moment.
3 comments:
Tiffany, I am relieved nobody got hurt.
Hey, I tagged you! Check out my blog!!!
Hugs, Laura
Wow, Tiffany. God was watching out for ya'll! Don't you just love that.
J&J just returned from 2 wks in CA and I completely understand your sentiments - the decrease in chaos was nice, at least temporarily.
Oh, my gosh, thank God you are all okay! Thank God that He gave your husband a quick-thinking brain!
I think maybe I'd like to wish you a dull and boring summer from now on, LOL! (Or at least, only as much excitement as you can take.)
Post a Comment