Thursday, May 22, 2008

Please Pray for the Chapman Family

As many of you know, Steven Curtis Chapman has been instrumental in the adoptions of children all over the world. He, and his music, was a huge inspiration and support to us through out our own adoption these last few years. He has a foundation called "Shaohannah's Hope" that supports adoption in many ways. The Chapman family has 6 children, 3 of whom were adopted from China (like our LE). Yesterday, his teenage son accidentally backed over his youngest sister, Maria, in the driveway of their home. Maria did not survive. I cannot fathom the anguish this family is in right now and ask you to lift them up in prayer and especially the son. I know he will deal with this for the rest of his life but I ask you to pray that God is revealed to this faithful family in the midst of the crisis. Also- SCC is a very present (unofficial) figure in Chinese adoption...and the Chinese Government will be aware of this tragedy.

Please pray.

Here is a link to the story.

post signature

No comments: