I love a list. But, I'm NOT a journal person...too mushy...everytime I try to keep one, I go back and tear out the page because it sounds dumb. In fact, I'll probably delete this whole blog at some point because it sounds goofy...but anyway, i digress...
My whole life goes better when I'm checkin' stuff off...in fact, I think my life with all these children would make me crazy if not for the sanity i get from writing it all down. That way, I don't have to remember anything--I'm off the hook and if you don't make it to my list, you can count on it not getting attended to!
So, since I love to sew and especially love making unique and handy little trinkets, I made myself this journal/list cover. It goes on one of those cheap black and white composition books. I figure I'll always be able to find one of those to fit my cover--I'm so practical that way. The pattern for the flowers is one of the paper piecing designs from Children's Corner but the rest is me. Maybe I'll do my first tutorial on this.
Funny thing is...all my lists would serve as a great family log/history except that I cross off and tear out pages as i accomplish things. Why not just save the pages and leave them in the book? Because it gives me such a sense of triumph to call a task finished when I toss the list in the trash. Did I mention I love to throw things away?..Well, that's a post for another day!
'OBX schoolcation' {respect for the Wrights}
5 years ago
1 comment:
We need to get the fam's together again. I know you guys are always runnin, so are we let's find the time. Val's only working Mondays & Tuesdays now; you guys should get together with the kidos during the day. I hate that I could not help your mom for her wedding, but that weekend and following week was crazy for me. I just closed my old blog, but am now up and going again. Keep up with the Hood's at www.erichood.wordpress.com. Take care.
Eric
Post a Comment