This little one has stolen my heart. anew.
the Littlest Empress at 3 years 4 months
WillaJane has been home nearly 8 months now and she is amazing. She loves deeply, laughs whole heartedly, and throws a hissy fit like a true Southern woman.
She is on target for her age in almost every way...
and wait for it...
...is finally POTTY TRAINED!
(aren't those the 2 most beautiful words in motherhood?)
The only area she is lagging behind in is speech/language.
Oh- she communicates---sign language, tantrums, grunting, and a few intelligible words...but articulation is where we are headed next.
But honestly- I am in NO HURRY- it took me AWHILE to get to the place of not doubting God and worrying over every grunt. But now I see a teensy bit of progress and am finally happy to slow down and enjoy the cuteness that IS my WillaJ. I know I will miss the sweet mispronunciations and precious way she stomps her foot to drive home a point.
I've never seen a child LIVE so completely in every waking moment. She defies logic in what she has faced in her short lifetime- how much she has overcome, and how freely she loves even though I am at least the 5th woman she has called "mama". It is humbling to be given such a gift as the love of a child who was not born from you.
and it is AWESOME....in a Big God kind of way.
3 comments:
Wonderful! High fives on the potty training, Littlest Empress!
Oh i cannot wait til next summer to meet her!!! These adopted kiddos are all so amazing with how they can give us love when it's been taken from them time and time again. It does make you appreciate EVERYTHING!!!
love ya!
Liz
She is so precious! Blessings
Post a Comment