Monday, May 14, 2012

I got a new camera


and I REALLY need a college level course to teach me how to use it...
But I was walking in the neighborhood the other day and snapped a few to try it out---I am VERY entry level and not worthy of this fancy piece of equipment but I plan to learn and get better.








My camera is a Nikon D7000...
I would appreciate any tips on tutorials or books you found helpful...


post signature

2 comments:

Jawan said...

Tiff, if you really want to learn on that wonderful camera of yours (I have a similar one, CANON), you'll need to venture out of your comfort zone and shoot on M, A, or S mode. I took the continuing ed class at CSU called Photography Fundamentals (with your DSLR) and it was awesome! I learned so much! I recommend it....you'll be glad you're putting your money to use.

Eva Domkowski said...

Hey Tiff!

Congrats on the purchase of your new camera! Also, I wanted to let you know that you can learn so much via books and online that actually going to a class somewhere isn't necessary. I've never taken a class anywhere. I've learned via the other two ways I just described. Information is widely available on the internet. However, I'll tell you one place you should check out (it's where I got started)- Digital Photography School forums. Learned a ton there. Also, there are plenty of photographers who offer online classes. Really, no need to leave home to learn. ;)