Sunday, January 1, 2012

Adams got a brand new ride...

Adams turns 16 in a few weeks and with us travelling to China shortly thereafter- I really wanted to get him squared away as far as what he would drive as soon as possible..I also wanted him to practise his driving skills in the car he would take the test in...not my yukon xl.  We warned him he may not get his first choice in a car...he would get the car we felt was the safest and most economical we could afford...
something sensible...
So, we left him at home at a wrestling meet on Saturday and drove to a nearby city to look at what we had narrowed the choices down to...a Toyota, a Honda, &  Nissan.

I was sold on the Honda CR-V--great gas mileage even if it was not quite studly in looks.
Will was sold on the Toyota RAV 4---
But we knew Adams wanted a Nissan Xterra...


turns out, that was the best deal.  When Will drove up to the house...I wish you could have seen Adams' face...but I think this picture captures it all!
post signature

2 comments:

Jolene said...

We have an Xterra and its been great! The only thing we'd do differently is to go ALL cash and NO financing...its paid off now but never again will we have a car payment!

UGAMom8689 said...

We bought our daughter a new Xterra in 2005 when she turned 16. It was great--not only in high school but in college as well! It made many trips to Athens and there was always lots of room to carry clothes, food, books, etc. She just recently traded it in and bought a new car now that she is a college graduate and making her own money.