Thursday, November 3, 2011

Christmas nighty

My all time favorite heirloom fabric shop is closing...I am sad.  Over the years, I have spent many a Saturday morning working in the shop helping customers plan holiday outfits and heirloom dresses or just shopping there my self.  I had always imagined I would buy the shop one day when the owner was ready to retire...but I think God has other plans for us and owning a fabric shop is no longer where my heart lies.  I still LOVE to sew and enjoy the challenge of French sewing...I see many heirloom dresses in my girls' future...but alas, another plan beckons.

When the shop was slow, we were encouraged to sew sample outfits for the store to showcase fabrics and patterns...I made many daygowns and quite a few outfits...even had one featured in Creative Needle Magazine years ago.  One of my favorites was the Christmas nightgown I made using Martha Pullen's bishop pattern smocked only in the front.  And today, I had the chance to buy it.  Now I will have a piece of the shop for my little girls to wear and enjoy and pass down to their own girls one day.


post signature

1 comment:

Curt, Pam, Ryan and Carissa said...

What beautiful little Christmas gown. Your girls will love it.