Friday, October 28, 2011

Do you PINTEREST?

So- forgive my photography skills...I love to create but I'm not the best at documenting it!
 I found this precious tree while I was perusing craft magazines at Joann's the other day--it was the only cute thing in the magazine so I decided to forgo buying it and came home and made this from memory.

You start out with a quarter(coin) and cut scraps that size and go up about a quarter inch until you have 5 graduated circles.  They do not have to be perfect--eyeball it. You do this until you have about 50 sets (using 50 different scraps).  (I did all my cutting in front of the TV on a couple of different nights)Then mix them all up and make 50 stacks...sew a button to the top of each one to secure and pin them onto the cone starting at the bottom.  It takes around 7 or8 to do the first round, overlapping them a tiny bit.  Pin between the layers so your pins don't show.  The longest step is the cutting...after that it's a quick project!


I had these tiny wreaths lying around with no plan--so I dipped each one in tacky glue, then glitter.  I added the buttons and bows and VOILA!


Love this- I found the tree already glittered at Hobby Lobby and added some button....easy peasy!

I made these just because I like toadstools and they fit nicely into my shaddow box--I've given a few away as well.  They're just knbs from the woddy section at Hobby Lobby...no two are exactly alike.


post signature

3 comments:

Football and Fried Rice said...

Love PINTEREST!

Karlie said...

I just got on pinterest...it's quite addicting!

Stephanie said...

Cute stuff! I'm on Pinterest but am sure I have no idea really what I am doing yet with the minimal pinning I've done. Cracks me up to get notices that people are "following me". Seriously, I am not an excited person to follow on Pinterest! :P