Sunday, October 9, 2011

a busy weekend

This post will be all out of order cuz I'm just too tired to fight with blogger tonight!

Bear with me.

Saturday dawned bright and sunny and we spent the main part of the day working as a family on Adams' boyscout eagle project...along with a hardworkin' crew of fellow scouts.

Here's the crew chief/foreman goofin' off with his cronies--they DID build an ACTUAL bench in that very spot...eventually.  That would be Jacob laying on the ground testing out the newly dug post holes.

Adams demonstrating to some younger scouts how to screw down a pressure treated board.

ahhh- completion--of one bench...there are still a few more to build along the trail, some pine mulch to spread, sanding to do, etc. 
{Goodness- he makes that bench look tiny--you can actually fit 3 normal sized people across it and when I sit on it--my feet don't touch the ground--and I'm 5'10"!}

Even the Littles got in on the action and helped pick up scraps and trash. 

...when they weren't hijacking Dad's wagon!

These guys crack me up--such a sweet old couple.
(Grady's new one liner--stolen from a VeggieTales movie--"I'm not happy, Bob!"~~hilarious)

ahh, yes--more hitchhiking

At some point I got in a little sewing for Willa- like she needs anymore clothes!

Mags had a middle school dance & spen the night company on Friday night--Halloween was the theme if you were wondering...she was hilarious--she decided she would go as a punked up Little Red Riding Hood...but when she put the cape on over her red tutu--she claimed it made her...ahem...posterior look enlarged.
I had to agree.
So she just went with the punked up rag doll effect instead...and it was cute!

Oh- I had to throw this new picture I just got of my handsome cousin, Brock...stationed in the middle East right now.  He was home recently for a quick visit & some r&r...not that I got to see him...but I know his mama will be glad when he comes home for good!

and another crafty PINTEREST project I worked into the day on Sunday--OMG--don't you LOVE LOVE LOVE PINTEREST?  I am a junkie on that site!

Also- I should mention that Reames' math team had a competition this weekend and came in 2nd for the whole county--YAHHOOOOO!

And Adams & Reames had some friends over Saturday night and went to a movie together  (The friends happen to be brothers the same age as my boys)~~a fun night that went on til morning.  When I asked what time they all went to bed last night--one of the boys said.."We didn't go to bed last night...but we did crash around 3:30 this morning!"  I looked at Adams and said, "You know- the older you get- the less cool that is!".  He agreed.

Now- can I have a weekend to recover from my weekend?

PS--Lookin' forward to that update on Willa sometime this week--and figuring out my new  IPAD!!!


post signature

1 comment:

Ashley said...

How on earth do you fit it all in!~ AWESOME bench!!!!
I could just see Willa with her arm around Grady - they are going to be a FUN threesome. The Three Clarkateers :).
Ashley