Tuesday, September 27, 2011

sewing for China babies...

Now that we are officially waiting for LOA from China (y'all- that's just another piece of paper...but it gets us closer to our girl!)  I have decided to work on Miss WillaJane's travel wardrobe...really, I'm just bored and needing to stay connected to my sweet girl!
I made this pattern up- using an a-line for the bodice and lengthened the shoulders so I could knot them thru button holes....makes for easy size adjustments while in China.
All the 4" squares were cut from my scrap stash.

love these Chinese fabrics--had just a few scraps left in my stash so I threw them in.

I'm still waffling on her name...we will very likely call her WillaJane but it just looked too long embroidered across the bodice.

I made this version of Kyoko for a friend who just got matched with her daughter.  They may very well travel at the same time as us to China!

I'm making another one for miss willa today--too cute!
post signature

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I covet your sewing skills. I learned to sew, but no one has been able to teach me patience to get through the details of sewing garments. :P Love the dresses!!!

Goosegirl said...

Love love love them!!! I can't wait to see WillaJane in her new dress!

Curt, Pam, Ryan and Carissa said...

Love these dresses too!! If you are ever bored again, I would pay you to make one for my Carissa - Hint, Hint!! Can't wait to see her in your arms.