This is Ruby a few months after she came home from China. She's 4 now.
This is also a picture that reminds me of how big her heart is......
not the one that is deformed and has 2 holes in it......
and caused her to be labeled Special Needs......
for which I am forever grateful because otherwise she would never have joined my family......
for which I am forever grateful because otherwise she would never have joined my family......
No- I mean the heart that holds so much love for other people that I can barely grasp it.
Here is a story we had in the kitchen at snacktime the other day:
Ruby: "Mama, do you know my birth mommy's name? Were you in the room with her?"
Me: "No- but I sure wish I did. I was not in the room the day you were born."
Ruby: "Do you know Grady or Willa's birth mommy's names?"
Me: "No- you all have different birth mommies......but do you know who DOES know?"
Ruby: " GOD & JESUS!!!"
Me: "That's right......and one day maybe we'll meet your birth mommy in Heaven. Then, we can ask her all sorts of questions."
Ruby: "But you only go to Heaven if you love Jesus, right?"
Me: "Yep- that's what we believe."
Ruby: "So......Mama...we gotta tell everybody about Jesus so someone will tell my birth mommy and she can get to go to Heaven, too."
Me: (in tears) "You got it, baby......we've gotta tell everyone."
The Gospel......from a 4 year old......man do I feel convicted.

5 comments:
Absolutely precious. Love it.
Wow!!! How precious we need more Ruby's in the world!!
Oh I just LOVE sweet Ruby! She is going to be an amazing big sister to a sister!
Ashley
sweet.precious.i'm in tears
break. my. heart...
precious!
Post a Comment