Friday, June 10, 2011

She did it!!!

When she sets her mind to something--there is no stopping her!


Isn't she beautiful?  Her proud smile says it all!!!

Awhile back, I remember asking my friend Ashley how she dealt with icky behaviors within her little clan (of almost 7!! plus mom & dad).  She gave me simple yet profound advice: 
Pick one or two behaviors to work on at a time...don't gang up on the child's every negative move. 
 They need some positive reinforcement while you are working on them. 

So that's what we did with Ruby's  book tearing fetish...she had a great week overall...not perfect but neither am I.  BUT... She didn't tear a single book...she DID tear some paper receipts that I gave her which was a totally appropriate thing to tear nd I caught her once contemplating ripping up a puzzle piece but with a gentle reminder...she moved on.

Last night she added the 5th smiley face to her chart and this morning she donned her new fancy dress up dress and modeled it for me.

So proud of this big girl!

ps- as i write this she is in the den watching "Tangled" and wearing her matching princess dress!


post signature

3 comments:

Goosegirl said...

What a precious princess! Yay for her!!

Stephanie said...

Yippee! She is so cute in her new finery!

TJWright said...

Yeah for Ruby! She is looking so much older now. Miss you all ~ tell her that we said "good job" and give her hugs from Abigail.