Cousin Brock
So- I have this crazy cousin named Brock who is a medic in the Navy ...he is handsome, smart, funny, and used to drive me utterly crazy at family reunions. (Now we just laugh over our old antics!) I remember learning to dance to the "Thriller" video with him by myside, climbing an old magnolia in my grandmother's yard (& gettin' pushed from it by said cousin- of course he does not tell the same story ;0)) and I have great memories of telling creepy stories late into the night on pallets in that same grandmother's den with all of the cousins. I loved the Darth Vader birthday party he had where Darth Vader ACTUALLY came--so awesome and all the Star Wars action figures he collected.
So he is stationed in Afghanistan at the moment with the US Navy and we are missing his personality and life he brings to the party...but his girlfriend, Erin, finagled a video with CNN to salute him...check it out.
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bestoftv/2011/05/18/exp.mxp.salute.brock.hln
I'm so proud this guy is out there defending the helpless and keeping us safe back here at home!
No comments:
Post a Comment