Friday, March 4, 2011

Funky Jesus Art

I love having artists as friends!
My friend, Carley, painted this giant cross for my living room. Every time I look at it- I see new patterns and colors I didn't see before. And it almost glows in the evening sun that makes its way into my living room.



I am priviledged...no blessed...to have a dear friend who is an accomplished artist. She is a good bit younger than I and a new stay-at-home mama...and she is about the cutest person I know. And being a stay at home mama...she has stepped out in faith - knowing our God has a plan for her life and her children- and that it involves being their full time teacher. But we all know how tight that budget is when you are newly married and newly with children and newly burdened with the desire to be at home with them. So she is turning her God-given gifts into a way to help add to the family budget by painting, sculpting, "twigging", and maybe even teaching children's art classes this summer.

I have commissioned her to paint my 5 kiddos this Spring in an impressionistic-"faceless" style that I can't wait to share with you here. It is not meant to be a study in the details of their looks but more a peek into life with 5 active kids...life is busy...blurry...and rough around the edges sometimes. You'll be able to tell which kid is which from their coloring, sizes, carriage, and maybe activity...I can't wait for you to see it and to hang it over my mantel. So check back!

If you like the piece you see here- drop me a comment and I can get you in touch with Carley. She will customize the colors and scheme to your liking and she is very affordable! Also- let me know if you would be interested in children's art classes...Carley is very talented and a top notch teacher! (She was the art teacher at Clubview IB until she "retired" recently)


post signature


1 comment:

Jennifer and Matt said...

OMG! I LOVE this! please send me her info - curious to see what else she can do.