Sunday, March 13, 2011

the freedom of homeschooling

Homeschooling has been a joy for my family this year-we have grown closer, simplified, laughed, and cried.  I think the thing I like the most is the freedom to plan our days however we want.  Don't get me wrong- I love a schedule but the freedom to blow it off every once in a while is so refreshing...

Lest you get the wrong idea- we HAD school on all the snow days this year when the school system cancelled school and mine had to write a report on a Saturday when I took them on a field trip to Explorations in Antiquities--even Adams who IS NOT homeschooled!  I don't take my kid's education lightly and I have shed many tears over anxiety that I was giving them enough. 

                   But it IS so nice to blow off spelling for a horseback ride on a breezy day. isn't it?

 
and training for a triathlon while all your buddies are diagramming sentences is not so bad. either, huh?

post signature

1 comment:

Cindy said...

I love it!!

Cindy from Rick-Rack and Gingham