Tuesday, January 18, 2011

without further adieu...

This is what we've been dreaming and imagining for the last year and a half...Grady walking on his corrected feet for the first time. Of course I wanted him doing this faster than he has but God, in His infinite wisdom, has given me what I NEEDED instead of what I wanted. And I praise Him for that because if Grady had gained his independence any sooner...it would have meant less dependence on me and less bonding time to be gained during all of the carrying and cuddling we've done in the 6 months he's been home. Many of you remember his complete aversion for me while we were in China and my worry that I would never bond with the sweet boy I was in love with. God is so awesome and all my worries are a thing of the past and almost laughable. This boy loves and IS loved by so many people but most of all his mama!

11 comments:

gvh13 said...

Tears of joy here in Maryland. I don't know what touched my heart more, the amazing walking or the sweetest "I love you mama".

Love,
Vicki

Stephanie said...

So sweet! Happy to see him walking!

Steph said...

Tears and chills! Sooooo sweet! I'm very excited for little Grady!

Tracy Peed said...

Praise god! That was so beautiful - I have tears in my eyes. So happy for Grady and all of you.

Tracy

Anonymous said...

Precious! Absolutely the BEST! I yuv you, Tiff! :)

hollym.:)

The Taylor family said...

What a precious little man! So great to see him so happy and of course walking!

Smiling here while I imagine the trouble he and Sophia could get into.

Love,
Claire

Jami said...

I was coming over here to say Hi! and that I loved your comment on my blog today but watching this video is just awesome!!! Oh joy! Thanks for sharing! Hope to get to know you more! :)

Kristi said...

How wonderful. And I love how you acknowledged God's timing in this delicate dance called bonding over your timing!
I'm frustrated though as for some reason the video is not showing up on my computer. I'll have to try another web browser...

Blessed Mom of Four AND More said...

What is more precious....his laughter...or his I love you, Mama....or his steps.

God is good, and I can only imagine how He has smiled down on you as you smiled on your Grady!

Eva Domkowski said...

Oh Tiffany,

I haven't checked in for a little while (busy busy this time of year). But just saw your video and it made my heart swell! So excited for Grady and all that he's accomplished! Yippee!!!

Eva

Kelly said...

I read your post on WAGI. I could relate in so many ways. Our daughter has been home almost 4 years (this summer) and everyday I am thankful for the beautiful addition she is to our family. We are waiting for our referral from South Korea to make us a family of 7.

I am a homeschooling mom, too! :)