Monday, January 10, 2011

snow days...shmo days...I'm OVER it!

We are snow bound and locked up in the house with nothing but internet surfing to do...the games have all been played and the snacks eaten and we are B.O.R.E.D. So what does a mama fresh out of ideas do with 5 kiddos who are tired of this white stuff? Why, send them downstairs for a much needed reprieve! (Actually Reames is making snow icecream in the kitchen at the moment while the rest are downstairs tearing the place up)

SO this was my first purchase...
Isn't this sweet? A version of this in pale blue & ivory is winging its way here from the other side of the globe as we speak to be worn by my MaggieRuth at her first BALL this Spring!
Next I am looking for the perfect white heirloom dress she can wear to confirmation...
the phone is ringing and I have a sneaky feeling it's the school district calling off school again tomorrow...
oh no- my husband and his wallet are really ready for school to start back up!

post signature

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Tif!

On the martha stewart website a professer Figgy made crystal snowflakes. Recipe is on the site, I think. Pipe cleaners, glass jar, borateem or borax, cant remember which and wire cutters and water.. Anyhoo, Anna and I are going to try it. take care, hollym.
you can google crystal snowflakes, too..have fun.:)