Most of you may not know that I took on a wonderful volunteer opportunity recently. I partner with a new friend (Hi Kristi!!) to write a blog for An Orphan's Wish. This is a group that funds a special needs care home in Guilin, China. You might remember that we took a box of meds with us to China this past Summer --they went to the House of Love in Guilin.
I have found myself bound to the people and culture of China because of two very special little people...but adopting them was only the beginning. While I don't hear God calling us to adopt again, I DO hear him calling me back to China to help His children. For now, I am busy in the care and keeping of this (not so) little family so that means sponsoring children through AOW and writing their blog to advocate for the orphans of China, but one day, we will go back. I want ALL of my children to KNOW God's heart for orphans. I believe it is only through loving these children that we can come to understand our own adoption into the family of God.
It is very disturbing to me to hear people tell me how wonderful it is that we have "done this thing" in adopting Ruby & Grady...that they themselves could never do a thing like that or love a child that wasn't "their own." It tells me something about their relationship with God. I know not everyone is called to adopt a child...but everyone is called to care for His People.
So what will you do?
Pray?
Give?
Adopt?
It is not enough to be aware of the needs...or talk about the needs...
A deep and abiding love in Christ should cause us to take ACTION!
When we are not capable...He is ABLE!!!
Will & I never could have dreamed this huge blessing would befall us. Who are we to deserve such abundance? I still wake up and pinch myself that HE entrusted me (a crazy sinner) with these 5 little people...ok- one is alot taller than me...but still. We never imagined he would equip us to take on the task of intercountry adoption--not once, but TWICE! And 2 SPECIAL NEEDS kiddos, to boot!
I am not amazing...It is God through me who is AMAZING and I am doing my best to be obedient. I need reality checks daily and a kick in the pants from time to time but I am so excited about what's in store...the surprises awaiting us around the bend. I can never predict where God is taking me but I love Him and this journey He has my family on so I will continue to follow...
Won't you come too? I so desperately want everyone I know to jump on this bandwagon with me so please go visit the AOW site and read about the children they care for. There are many children who need sponsors and there is great need of gifts and donations to keep the House of Love running smoothly so that they can care for the special needs kiddos in their care.
You can read my latest blog post at AOW by clicking here...there's even a bit about sweet Grady's journey to help illustrate how great the needs of orphans in China are.
And I am praying you will be called to do more than read!
And maybe...just maybe... a little water walking? Come on--get out of that boat and join me.
'OBX schoolcation' {respect for the Wrights}
5 years ago
1 comment:
Tiffany, this is so beautifully worded!
My heart is obviously tied to China too...
Praying alongside you that more and more people recognize that there is much to be done.
Post a Comment