Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Isn't she lovely...

My sweet girl started Cotillion a few nights ago. For those of you not in the know...Cotillion is where young people go to learn that Southern charm we're famous for in these parts. Of course--all learning starts at home and mine have pretty decent manners...most of the time. But at Cotillion, the pre teen set gets to learn all about which fork to use when and how to dance the Foxtrot.

(My oldest won the Foxtrot contest a few years back..sniff sniff- I'm STILL so proud).
It's also their first experience of dancing with a partner of the opposite sex- ballroom dancing, that is. MaggieRuth is attending classes with all her public school friends--I thought this would be a good way to stay in touch with some old buddies. She is pictured with her friend Harper in these shots--they are like sisters when they are together.




So this is the first time I've had a DAUGHTER to attend...with my sons- as long as their pants weren't high water and their tie was mostly unspotted...they were good. But dressing a preteen GIRL in THIS day and age is a huge challenge. There is so much garbage in the market place and of course what I think is lovely is NOT what is in style...and then Mags has all her own sense of fashion as well...which usually involves black capri leggings although I usually can go along with her choices- she is modest to the EXTREME!! There just isn't much she wants me to sew for her at the moment--I think she is in a stage of not knowing WHAT she likes...I remember that feeling and trying to find my own way.
I practically had to pin her down to get her to put on some lip gloss--other makeup was not even an option. (Not that she needed it) I love this kid....but she did want me to straighten her hair so it at least looked coiffed...instead of like she just got off the back of a horse. (Although I love that side of her as well.)

So as we're getting in the car-& I realize- Goodness she is beautiful...and I ran to get my camera to capture the moment.
WOW
...and she is ever more sweet than beautiful. Pretty is as pretty does as my grandmother always used to tell me. Mags is SOO good--I guess that's why she's so pretty.

post signature

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

kacikhtiff , mags is so beautiful, wow! you are such a great mom, you amaze me and are such an inspiration to me, i am blessed to be your sister-in-law!