I liked waiting (did I just say that?) for our Article 5 better. It was predictable--we knew EXACTLY when it would be approved. This waiting for TA business is old school waiting...jumping every time the phone rings, wondering if THIS is the day it will come...and if it comes today...what does that mean for travel?
We are coming down to the wire on this adoption...but still don't know WHEN we are leaving. I am steadily checking off items on my checklist...while my sweet husband is blissfully unaware of what it takes to pack for a trip to the country for the afternoon--much less a 2 1/2 week trip to China--his motto is, "Have underwear, will travel". So here are just a few of the things on my list this week...
power of attorney for the folks taking care of our kids staying home
precription drugs for us--just in case
prescription drugs for Grady- just in case
OTC for everyone including constipation, diarhea, pain, allergies, etc
Casseroles for the freezer
menus & food for the kids while we're gone
support socks--?? for the plane ride
snacks & toys for meeting Grady
gifts for Chinese officials
care packages for the kids who will be away at camp while we are in China
and the list goes on and on...
So. We wait...and I have plenty to do...hot dog supper for the middle school tomorrow, awards days, end of the year parties, teacher gifts, swimming, catching lightning bugs, chasing baseballs in the street & toddlers on runaway tricycles.
Lots to enjoy.
Gotta run...phone's ringing
'OBX schoolcation' {respect for the Wrights}
5 years ago
4 comments:
And while you wait, I pray! I pray that, as we know it will, TA comes in God's perfect timing! Grady....your Mama is going crazy here and can't wait to smooch you up!!
Heather
and jus thing...when that's all done you can turn around and pack up again for Tennessee!!! You will be the only person excited for summer to be over and school to begin so you can be home and get your new normal going! I can't wait to see you holding Grady. I do pray you hear soon as it is soooooo hard to "plan" life when you just don't know exactly how it's going to go. It is fun to finally pack that little bag of clothes and toys for your new boy though...oooohhh the excitement!!
love
Liz
okay...the first line was suppose to say just think....no jus thing!!!
oooh...I so forgot the notary thing for the kids at home for medical care. ACK!!!
Here's hoping you get great news soon. :)
Post a Comment