Friday, April 30, 2010

We have video of our little guy!!!

We got the message last week that our guide had received a video of Grady from his orphanage. BUT- she could not get it to upload and forward to us.

Can I just tell you how maddening that was?

So I emailed her and asked her to at least TELL me what she saw on the video. nothing

Today- she was able to send it and I was on the edge of my seat- waiting...

It came in some crazy chinese format... and all I could get was sound

Argh!

I wish I had video of ME snuggled up close to my computer speaker LISTENING to my little boy for the first time and imagining what the scene was.

So I sent it to Will at the office and he set his IT guys on it

and VOILA!!!!

As you already know- Grady is in foster care...a WONDERFUL ONE! I can't wait to meet his foster mama in Heaven one day (cuz there is very little chance China will allow me to meet her on our trip). So it is pretty amazing that the orphanage went to the trouble of getting footage and sending it to us. A MIRACLE.

As we head into the home stretch on our wait to travel to Grady, I can't tell you how amazing it is to see footage of him playing, walking, and even babbling!! This was such a gift and came at a particularly anxious time for us as we try to prepare and predict what Grady will be like and how he will adjust to us. To see him and hear his voice is such a balm to a worried mother's heart. Once again- it feels as though God has supplied exactly what we needed EXACTLY when we needed it.

NOTE-- the sound fades in and out on the video so don't think it's your computer.

PS- Just wanted to add that while I'm sure it has happened before- I have never heard of someone receiving a video from the orphanage while they were waiting to travel. (maybe from a missionary group or another family but never from the orphanage.)


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is so cute, he is just precious!!! i know this must have thrilled your heart!

Anonymous said...

amazing!!! How fantastic. We got one little video that the Hall's sent us on Zoe and watched it a zillion times!! Not from the orphanage though! Grady is a quick little bugger isn't he?!?! Your going to have to run to keep up with that little guy. He's so darn cute and I'm soooo praying for a June travel (selfishly though as I want to see him in July!!!).

can't wait...
Love ya
Liz

Laura said...

Beautiful! He is precious! I know this was such a sweet balm for the soul! I was able to see Brooks today- I took dinner! He is too cute! I can not wait for your turn to travel! Praying daily sweet friend!

TJWright said...

How amazing! He is FAST!!! ;o) Also looks like water play in the kitchen will be a big hit with him.

Steph said...

How exciting! What a cutie!

Jenny said...

Oh my goodness, what a cutie pie! What a gift that video is!

Serving the King said...

Sweet, sweet, sweet!! Love it! What a precious gift to a waiting mom's heart!