Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Great Toddler Busy Book

Grady's cover

Ruby's cover

for practising the bedtime routine--
the pillow has a music button that plays "You Are My Sunshine"
and the teddy can get out of the bed, as well.
for learning our address and practising our phone number

this is a beehive where 5 little bumblebees can come out and buzz to their velcro spots around the hive. also teaches about zippers

for learning shapes--each balloon velcroes to it's match

for playing eye spy--even has a magnifying glass

a chalkboard for writing our names--in Chinese as well!

different buckles to practise on

the barn doors open and 6 different farm animals come out to play

learning to tell time- the arms on the clock move
the old woman in the shoe--teaching shoe tying

piggybank with wallet full of play money and cards. you can actually drop coins in the bank and they come out the bottom

learning colors & numbers in English and Mandarin



all of these flowers button on and off for learning buttons
Peekaboo! and a mirror and comb to brush our hair


I have wanted to make a toddler book for awhile...I kept seeing some store bought ones but none of them had all of the elements I wanted plus I knew this could be something my "littles" could play with in church or on road trips or waiting in dr's offices and look back on when they were older. All the more special that I had made it...
SO I found a few different books I LOOSELY based my concept on and began. It took several weeks as I kept putting it aside for other more pressing projects but finally finished it yesterday. And Ruby loves it...and so do the "bigs"!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this Tiffany!
This has to be my favorite thing you've made.

Tracy Peed said...

Tiffany - this is amazing and so customized with your family and the Chinese - love it, you are so talented.

Tracu

Laura said...

You are AMAZING!!! I love this book! I will have to remember for when I have grandkids! Yeah! I got my sewing machine, a Janome 9500. I have monogrammed 21 towels so far. I have 80 grad gifts total to do. I am loving it!

Anonymous said...

Ummmmm.....if I even had one teeny tiny piece of your talent I'd be wonderful!!! you amaze me at what you come up with and make it looks so perfect! I think that book will be a success for your new little man. can't wait to see him playing with it

Kathy said...

Wow, how amazing. If you ever decide to make these, please let me know. I will be first on the ordering list. Hope you get speedy travel,Grady sure is handsome and looks happy.

Jenny said...

Great book! Wow, all the work that went into it. It will be something your little ones will cherish!

Curt, Pam, Ryan and Carissa said...

WOW!!! Is all I have to say. I told Janell that I was sooo jealous of your talent. This is such a cute a creative book. I am another one that would order one if you ever decided to take orders. It is fun to see updates of little Grady. I am sure you are super anxious to get hour hands on him.

Unknown said...

This is AMAZING!
Kelly