



Dorilee & Selam
Grandpa Bob meeting Selam for the first time-- I love this man- he led us in prayer right there in the middle of the airport...a really cool dude! (Sorry 'bout that strange guy in the background on his cell phone--doesn't he know there is a reunion going on here?)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We spent the evening last night at the Atlanta airport waiting for glimpses of our friends with every wave of people that came up the escalator in the Arrivals Lobby. At long last, Dan's head appeared at the top of the lift with the rest of his crew right behind. We went wild with excitement, shaking our welcome home sign and bobbing our balloons...well Ruby was doing the balloon bobbing...the next thing I knew- we were hugging and crying and patting and squeezing eachother. The whole family was in great shape for having travelled 26 hours to get home and except for a lost luggage glitch...all was well. Selam is grieving deeply- as I know this is normal- it was still hard not to be saddened at her trauma. I know she will come to love this new home and the new normal she must create. And it is healthy that she grieves for all of the things she has lost and given up--but I was deeply touched as we contemplated her situation all week and then on the ride home from Atlanta. She is such a brave, strong, beautiful girl...and I know God has big plans for her life.




1 comment:
How wonderful to see they are home!
Post a Comment