Monday, February 22, 2010

Grady's Room

his bed

a new bench (sale from Target) along with a picture Reames painted and some wall hooks

I need a little something over this shelf...hmmmm


GIANT star quilt--need a boy pillow for that chair

Ruby's been here--breaking in the new toys, apparently...
(same framed needlework)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When we found out we were adopting again- we did some room reno and changing. That was last Summer and we went ahead and made the plan that Ruby and MaggieRuth would share a room (until Adams leaves for college in 4 years, hopefully) and Ruby would vacate the room she had upstairs so that Grady could be on the same level with mama and daddy. SO- we had to turn Ruby's VERY girly room into a boy room without tanking the budget. We left the yellow paint and most of the fixtures: dresser, red house shelf, bamboo shelf, etc. I bought new bedding and made curtains as well as hung a GIANT red star quilt on one wall. (Kinda harkens to the Chinese flag). My very best artist friend is painting a beautiful picture (not too juvenile) for over his bed (think Chicago sign but with Grady's name, nighttime skyline, pagoda, vibrant colors, maybe a Chinese symbol or two)) that I think will grow with him. I am still looking for a few more accents and of course we have been amassing "boy toys"--no doll cradle in here!
It is fun and knowing that I didn't spend too much- we can change the whole car theme in a few years if it's not his thing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tif!
I know this waiting is so hard!!! Grady's room is really neat. And so are the clothes that you have made him!! Oh, I hope that he can wear them for sure. The Grady dolls are great and with Rube's guiding Grady's play, he'll be hauling them around for sure! :)
hollym.

Steph said...

Love it! I was thinking something very similar for Parker's room. We still have plenty of time (unfortunately) to think about that!

Also, take a look at my website. You might find some ideas for things to put above that shelf! ;o)
http//:stephaniechuba.uppercaseliving.net
Go to products to see the online catalog or you can go to the DesignSuite to make your own things, like names or sayings. There are some Chinese characters in the section called Embellishments.