Her birthday cake was a cameo with her 3 sister's photos on it.They all stayed in Germany and have gone to live with Jesus,now.
Omi with her 2 youngest great grandchildren--Walter (in Wilson's arms) & Ruby--she has 3 kids, 5 grands, and 14 great grands.
Now I know where my mama gets it--it's a family trait that none of them can look in the camera when their picture is being taken. (This was the 3rd try)That's my Mama on the right and her twin sister on the left.
Reames and Mags sharing a little love--rare, lately
What a vibrant & beautiful woman!My Omi turned 84 last week and to celebrate we all gathered at my house to eat and sing, and blow out candles. My Omi (I am actually named after her--Theresia Bernarda Schulte Cole--My middle name is Therese) has lived an amazing, long, fascinating life. I keep nagging her to write down her stories but she says she would have to do it in German since her English is "not so good"... I hope she will change her mind. I would pay to have them translated for my children to read. Just hanging around her is a history lesson in WW2. She is very crafty and industrious and unflappable...nothing keeps her down and she makes me smile all the time.
Happy Birthday, Omi-- Ich Liebe Dich!


No comments:
Post a Comment