Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Canoeing the Flint River






















I took the children last weekend (before school started) on a little jaunt down the Flint River. Normally this would have been a daddy thing but I wanted some time with the big kids and I wanted them to see that their mama can be outdoors and somewhat athletic, too. It was a fun day but we were tired at the end of it. I was amazed at how well they all got along...sharing kayaks & snacks, helping eachother get through the shallow spots, and navigating the canoes down the river. Mags really seems to have a gift for water sports. It was really nice to spend some time with my "bigs" and see them stretching their abilities... I think I'll be ok when I reach my geriatric years...it's looking like they just might do a decent job taking care of their old mama.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


And the only whining heard was from the 37 year old woman at the back of the canoe.



post signature

No comments: