
It's been an amazing year of seasons, holidays, celebrations, & firsts. One year ago we were just meeting and getting to know this precious little girl and not at all sure what the future held except that we knew she was OURS! FINALLY! Well, we still don't know the future and are walking with faith that God will see HIS way through for the Clark family but one thing is for sure...RubyFrances YinHe Clark is a huge blessing and one that was meant to be a part of our family long before we ever even considered adopting! That is the coolest thing to me and it gives me so much hope. God knew right where she was and He knows the circumstances surrounding her beginning...these are things I will never know but I am okay with because He chose us to be her mama and daddy. US! That's a huge load to carry, huh? But He has given us the most precious children to look after and He has equipped us to raise them. It gets me fired up about being a mama! God chose me (!) for all of my children- the adopted ones & the homegrown ones. wow!
Ruby has enjoyed many new things in her short time with us...from car rides & icecream to learning to walk & eggrolls. Things always seem to come full circle, don't they? While she may be cute, this one is tough...so far she has bitten, pinched, pushed, pulled, and hugged (a little too firmly) several of her preschool and nursery friends. She takes it all in and is so smart! I think her survival skills were well honed early on so she will never be a wimpy kid...we may have to tone her down a bit, huh?
While I am a bit sad that we have flown throught the first year so quickly- I know that there are MANY firsts to come. My favorite right now is to hear her say "I luv li"-- I love you.
Oh- I could just eat her!
1 comment:
Time goes by so fast! Ruby is so cute and precious. Happy Gotcha Day Anniversary. I love the new lady bug outfit! I hope that one day Sam and Ruby can meet (again) and have a play date!
Post a Comment