Monday, January 19, 2009

Happy Birthday, AC!!!

RC made an awesome breakfast for AC's 13th birthday...thanks, bro!
(those are HOMEMADE not eggo!)
Toby...the reason we were there

Me and my boys...

Winterjam 09 at the Macon Coliseum


Me and the girls...LE was a trooper...who takes a toddler to a Toby Mac concert? ONLY the mama of both a toddler AND a teenager!


The boys got to sit a few rows away...so cool

Daddy & LE rockin' it out to Hawk Nelson

Awesome performance!


Waiting to get in...we were just a few people from the front when they closed the doors and said the place was full & we might not get a seat...bummer...
BUT...it all worked out and we got fantastic seats!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am the mama of a TEENAGER!
(& a toddler!- and loving every minute of it!)
***
Will packed the whole family up and drove us to Macon, GA (about a 1 1/2 hour drive) yesterday for a Christian concert to celebrate AC's 13th birthday. It was a fantastic lineup including New Song, Francesca Battistelli, Hawk Nelson, Brandon Heath, Tony Nolan, and of course...TOBY MAC!!!!!!
This family LOVES TM and we were treated to a full concert by him at the end of the show. Usually he only performs 4 songs but for whatever reason...he performed for an hour and a half!!!
***
One of the coolest moments during the show was when I looked around this huge room holding 8ooo people and realized we ALL love Jesus. What a comforting and powerful feeling...I wished Jesus would have returned right then while we are all celebrating Him.
***
Another cool moment was when we were taking turns walking LE out in the lobby and 3 different people (strangers) approached us to say Hi and tell us they know us from this blog or from the Bethany Boards (Hi Stacy B.!!--praying for you guys while you wait to bring your baby home!) I'm telling you- God is so cool!
***
So, today is the actual birthday of my firstborn and there is much celebrating to be done so I'd better run and celebrate! I'll update more later.

post signature


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SOUNDS LIKE A FUN EVENING! IMAGINE YOUR FIRST CONCERT AT THE RIPE OLD AGE OF 2! I MAY HAVE YOU BEAT THOUGH....I WAS 8 MONTHS PREGNANT WITH MY JAKE AND WENT TO A CONCERT!!!

LIZ