Should your foot be bigger than your head?
Daddy man got some coal?
Precious baby with all HER babies
Ready for the circus
The gang's all here!
After a sweet Christmas Eve service at CrossPointe complete with communion, candlelight, hot apple cider, carols, and the story of our savior's precious birth, we headed home for a quiet meal of pancakes, sausage, & eggs. The kids set out cookies for Santa and Will read the story again from the Bible. Everyone was in bed by 9:20pm! It was a very peaceful evening and it was so nice to just BE together and not rush off in a million directions.
Sometime during the night, I heard Santa make a visit but was too sleepy to go and investigate...We were actually able to hold the kids off until 8 am. AMAZING! They were all so excited and we enjoyed a long drawn out morning with opening gifts, seeing what Santa brought, eating a breakfast of chocolate santas, and trying out all the new goodies. Will surprised the kids with a 4 wheeler which I know they will have a blast on down at the farm. (It scares me silly...) They all received a new excercise system to share for our playroom as well. LE was content with her dollies and books. We all just enjoyed playing and putting together toys. I even got to take a little nap after returning home from Meme's where we had lunch.
That evening we gathered at my mom's house to eat and laugh...it was so nice to visit and the kids were spoiled all over again with rc helicopters, books, sewing kits, & dolls.
This holiday flew by in a whirlwind as it always does and we had a busy weekend as well. But above all I pray my children got the message...that a precious baby came to save us and He is coming back a mighty lion to take us back to Heaven...soon...and are we ready? How would I live my life differently if I knew--like Mary--that my baby would be born to die? How would I mother my children? These are the things I am pondering as we head into a new year.
I know you were blessed this season...I hope you receive that blessing and I hope it changes you as you head out for a fresh start in the coming year.
2 comments:
Darn! I was hoping the playhouse wasn't loved so I could try to be the highest bidder to buy it! Everyone looks amazing and happy!
Love,
Liz Freeby (Steve, Zoe & gang too!)
I LOVE her expression in the pic with the playhouse!! So, is RC going to wear that tie to church anytime??
Janell
Post a Comment