


This is MR Clark. She is every bit as sweet as this picture makes her out to be but she has driven me to distraction with her forgetfulness and not following directions...ummmm...that is until today when we were told that she is almost completely deaf in her right ear. So maybe all these years (yes- the dr says it's been this way for awhile :0( ) she just didn't hear me when I asked her to do something- & I thought she was just being goofy. I really think this is the case. Thank goodness for those PTA screenings. She has had ear "issues" since birth: tubes at 7 months, countless ear infections, and a couple of hospitalizations for major antibiotics. She has asthma, eczema, allergies, etc and goes to the dr REGULARLY. So why was this missed? I haven't a clue but thanks to volunteers at our school like Miss Becky- the problem was finally caught and now we have some surgery scheduled. It's called a tympanoplasty--a reconstruction of the eardrum. Thank goodness there is no nerve damage and he says her hearing will probably get back to normal ranges after she heals.
So - that's the latest. Say a prayer for my sweet girl. She is my heart.

3 comments:
MR will surely be in our prayers. I finally got around to updating our blog today, we have had a crazy few months. Hope all goes well with Mags. Tell Will I said hello.
Eric
T- Let me know what happens. I think that is the surgery my sister had years ago...
Love you.
Oh my! I will definitely be praying for Mags. I got a little teary when I read that she was your heart. That is my I feel about my girls.
In His Grace,
Sivje
Post a Comment